Friday, October 3, 2008

Diaper Rash, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato and Me

This afternoon I took my kids to Target. I was needing to get out of the house . . .house fever! The kids are pretty good at Target if treats are flowing such as shopping cookies or candy. Tonight it was Starbursts . . .not the candy of choice but it worked to distract my reluctant little shoppers.
While I checked out deals in the children's clothing department, Jonathan spent time looking at the toys. Do you remember being a kid and going into the toy department . . .I do. There wasn't any place like it. I wanted many of the toys I saw especially the Barbie Dolls. Oh, the Barbie Doll aisle . . . it was magical. I see the same light in the eyes of my children. Jonathan longingly looks at the toys in the Action Figure aisle . . Julia looks with great desire at the Barbie Dolls and dress up clothes . . Jocey loves the dollies.
Tonight we bought a Jonas Brothers CD . . .Jonathan really digs their music. We also purchased another CD- Demi Lovato- a singer Julia pretends to be. Their love for music is so fun , , ,we like some of the same stuff. Today Jonathan said, "Lets be the Beatles," I knew his dad would be proud. I remember dancing to their music- loving every song and melody . . .good music does not seem to age. I wonder if my grandchildren will dig "Vanilla Ice Ice Baby to Go."
My kids love to jump on the beds, play air guitar and sing with pretend microphones. Boy do they have the moves.
While out and about it was time to feed my kids. We met up with Chris and a ministry team at Culvers. Jocey was experiencing diaper rash---I am guilty of not changing her regularly---especially after her nap. I don't know when the rash came on but it sure was there at Culvers. Sweet girl was so uncomfortable . . .shortened our dining experience.
I am so blessed to have such wonderful kids---The Dawes Kids!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hi, Emily!! I found your blogspot through your Facebook page! I will have to add you to my favorites and keep up with what is going on in the Dawes family!!!

:-)